DJ Cronnor is a DJ-tool for a hybride analog/digital equipped club. It contains a full-featured dualdeck mp3/ogg-player
complete with pitching and some effects, and it has a playlist-system for usage inside a bar. DJCronnor is made to be
controlled without a mouse, so 100%-keyboard-controlled
used with your traditional analog mixer with old-style analogue knobs and faders to have fast no-nonsense control over the volume and the eq in the traditional way
DJ Cronnor is not a toy to demonstrate (semi-automatic) beatmixing with nice graphical animations (like most DJ software).
Also, because you don't need the mouse, you can actually use it in real-life situations.
DJ Cronnor is not designed for real usage without an analog mixer, at all - there are zero volume controls available in the software (because you don't need them when you have a mixer). So remember: DJCronnor is to be used with a mixer, and without your mouse.
Regarding generating DMX, DJCronnor controls -in the current settings- the realtime position of two scanners, several smaller effects like a stroboscope black-light etc,
and not the least: it also calculates and manipulates the color and brightness of four Showtec Led pars -while providing realtime audio. The light system has currently
3 chaser-programs for the scanners, and about 12 chaser-programs for the LED-par's. A Behringer LC2412 is used (connected through an USB-MIDI box) to control
the parameters of the whole. Currently, the whole lightening system is only usefull for you when the sourcecode is adjusted to
your hardware; e-mail the author for more information.
- play .aac, .ogg, .mp3, .wav or .aiff files
- search easy (just start typing) and fast through your files
- search for last added files (like 'date:30')
- for DJ's: a stack with numbers that you might want to play
- for the bar: a playlist system which you can create by drag-and-drop
- ASIO or Direct-Sound drivers for low-latency
- beat-mixing with pitch-control and scrub-control buttons
- 5 small build-in audio-effects, like a flanger, comb-filter, ringmodulator and more
- generate an SQL-query with two tables with all titles and tracks
- 3 invisible levels in scrolling ahead/back, depending on the keystroke length (a few milliseconds - a few seconds - about 15 seconds)
- read MIDI-input from light-controllers
- generate DMX for Entec OpenDMX-USB boxes
- lightweight (needs only about 5+30MB internal memory) so you can run it on very old computers
- includes an integrated webserver 'CronnorCaster' which allows you to search, download and play
(through an included streaming flash player) tracks
Well, you may now wonder where this all comes from. This is all build for the DJ's of the student-society Biton in Utrecht, the Netherlands. You
can also take a peek at the DJ's website (see at the examples). Because DJ Cronnor can also generate an SQL-query for your collection,
we use it on our website
to have a searchable online index of all our music (the .php file is currently not in the distribution but you can
download it here.
Currently, the website at Biton contains more:
it provides an agenda with automatic reminding of several things, automatic repetitive addition
and scheduling of new data, and more. The website also contains a system where people can request new music, where the DJ's
can vote and keep track of what happened to the requested music.